You must have seen those women wearing a black mask and peeling it off their skin. With that comes out all the dirt particles. That black mask is what we call charcoal peel-off mask. It contains a special ingredient, i.e., activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is an extensively used organic purifier.
These masks are available in the market. However, their price range is too high. Therefore, not everybody can afford to use them regularly. Also, this charcoal peel-off mask is donned with harmful chemicals that can cause allergy and rashes to your face.
Thus, this article provide you with benefits of charcoal without harming your skin, and an easy DIY homemade charcoal peel-off mask recipe. You can easily afford to make it and use it well without putting your skin in danger. But before that, let’s understand the benefits of charcoal.
Benefits Of Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal is the enhanced version of charcoal with an increased capacity of attracting dirt and impurities from your skin. Charcoal powder is digestible. It is distinct from the normal charcoal we use for grilling chicken.
- Activated charcoal clears the pores. It attracts the impurities and pulls out the dirt and oil from the skin.
- Treats oily skin. Activated charcoal is good for controlling excess oil production in the skin.
- Exfoliates the skin. The texture of activated charcoal makes it a great exfoliator. Also, it helps in treating acne.
- Natural detoxifier. It helps in getting rid of pollution and dead-skin build-up easily.
DIY Recipe For Charcoal Peel-Off Mask
To make this charcoal peel-off mask, you need a handful of ingredients. You may not find these ingredients within the comfort of your home; hence, planning a shopping day can be a great idea.
- Boiling Water
- Activated Charcoal
- Bentonite Clay
- Essential Oil (Tea Tree)
All these ingredients are readily available in the offline market stores. If you can’t find time to personally get them, then you can just buy them online from any e-commerce website.
How To Make The Mask?
This mask is an instant mask. Hence, you cannot store the paste to apply it later. Therefore, make it just a few minutes before you use it.
- Take a bowl and add 1/4th tbsp of activated charcoal. Then add, 1/4th tbsp of bentonite clay and 1 tbsp of gelatin. (Don’t use flavored gelatin)
- Mix it well and then add some boiling water to the mix. Use a silicone spatula to mix it.
- Put one drop of tea tree essential oil to the mixture and mix again. Your mask is ready.
How To Apply It?
- Before applying the mask, remove your makeup and cleanse your face properly. You can use a gentle cleanser to clean the face.
- With the help of a brush, apply the mixture on your face. Do it rather quickly as the mask will start getting thicker. Avoid applying the mask on your eyes or eyebrows.
- Once the mask is applied, let it dry for at least 20-25 minutes.
- When you start feeling a drying and tightening sensation and the mask has dried completely, start pulling the mask off your face.
- Start from the edge of the chin or forehead and slowly peel it all off. Use a warm washcloth to get rid of the remaining mask.
- You can use a toner and moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated after using the mask.
There is nothing as amazing as a charcoal peel-off mask. You can see the difference on your skin right after using it. Although it hurts a little while peeling it off, it is all worth the pain. Therefore, use this homemade face mask and get a clean and glowing skin instantly.