You can easily find a plethora of brands offering the best eye cream for dark circles, but do they work? If this question haunts you often, congratulations! You are not alone. Rarely do these branded creams work and lessen the dark circles and other issues. That is why many prefer salon-based expensive treatments, that many cannot afford. Spending hundreds every fortnight on anti-aging salon treatments is nothing but a clear waste of money.
Keeping it simple is better. Furthermore, even the most expensive treatments have side effects, don’t they? Hence, using a homemade eye cream is the only way to get a young and blemish-free skin. To help you out with these homemade creams, here are some of the best DIY cream recipes for you.
Dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles can appear due to lack of sleep and nutrition. First and foremost, catch up to your sleep and drink as much water as you can to deal with dark circles. Also, coffee and green tea can reduce fine lines and dark circles.
Eye Cream For Dark Circles At Home
These recipes are very easy and quick. The ingredients used in these creams help boost collagen production in the skin. These are anti-oxidants that help in reducing puffiness around the eyes.
Coconut Oil and Vitamin E cream
Mix half a cup of coconut oil and half a teaspoon of vitamin E oil in a bowl and freeze it. Once frozen, whip the mixture well.
Apply the cream gently using a cotton ball every night before bed. Make sure you do a patch test first before using it on your skin. Also, refrain from using it on your eyes, as it might be harmful.
Shea Butter and Essential Oil Luxurious Cream
There is no need to explain how wondrous shea butter is for your skin. It not only moisturizes the skin deeply but also brightens it.
You can choose shea butter, rose-hip oil, apricot kernel or grape-seed oil, with a few essential oils of your choice. Yes, you can choose your favorite essential oils. However, make sure they are safe to use on your face.
- 1/2 cup shea butter (raw)
- 1/3 cup of the apricot kernel or grapeseed oil
- 4-6 drops of rosehip seed
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oils
- Heat the shea butter at a low flame till it becomes soft and thick.
- At a very slow pace, add apricot kernel oil and blend it simultaneously.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and whip well till you get the light-colored luxurious cream.
- Put the cream into a jar and make sure to close the lid tightly.
- Keep the jar at a cool place away from sunlight.
- You can use this cream either in the daytime or at night before bed.
Eye creams are traditionally applied at night. However, some can be used as moisturizers, even during the daytime. You can use these recipes to make an eye cream at home, and get rid of dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness.